Crunchy Mama Doula
The Better Baby Class is proud to help families of all shapes and sizes; no matter what your family looks like or how you made it, come as you are and leave with the confidence you need to thrive in the early days of parenting.
Dive into the world of biological sleep norms for newborns and help ease away some parenting stress.This is a 2 hour class for expectant parents and those with newborns 16 weeks old and younger.
- Breastfeeding Benefits
- Breastfeeding Myths
- Surviving the First Few Weeks
- Resources and Support
This is a 2 hour workshop that goes over the basics of breastfeeding and how to get off to the best possible start.
Classes and workshops are meant to give families even more information. They are an add on option to any Doula package and also available to those not interested in hiring a doula, but who need more information on a particular subject.
All classes are private and done in the comfort of your home.
Class topics include:
- Embracing the final days of pregnancy
- Plans for when you’re in labor
- What is the “fourth trimester”
- The “Golden Hour” after birth
- Benefits of skin-to-skin contact
- Common newborn procedures
- Getting breastfeeding off to a great start
- What makes a great latch
- Taking care of birthing mom’s body after birth
- Newborn care days 1-14
- Typical newborn sleep
- Soothing a fussy baby
- How to have helpful visitors
- Establishing your new family
- A day-by-day guide for baby, birthing mom, and partner for the first week after birth
In this 4 hour class we cover everything you need to know from the moment your baby is born through the first two weeks of his or her life. You will leave class prepared to take care of your newborn; you’ll know how to start breastfeeding off right and how to ease the recovery for the birthing mom; and your partner will have a concrete understanding of what they should be doing and how best to support the family through these early days. The Better Baby Class teaches you not just a few survival tips, but it will empower you to thrive as new parents.
Topics covered include:
- Normal Infant Sleep Patterns
- Myths vs. Realities
- Ensuring Safe Sleep
- Parenting to Sleep Tools
- Tricky Times and Sweet Spots
- Healthy Family Balance