Crunchy Mama Doula
Want to know what it's like to work with me? Check out my testimonials!
Me and my youngest goober. And all 3 goobers with their snowman, Boots.
As a mom of three (ages 8,5, and 3) I know firsthand how exciting and overwhelming the birth of a child can be. I also know how extra support during this time helps mom and the rest of the family adjust.
I firmly believe that a doula should never stop learning. I make it a goal to attend all the different trainings I possibly can. I also make sure to stay on top of all the new information that comes out regarding pregnancy, birth, the postpartum period, breastfeeding, infant sleep and child care. The better educated I am, the better I can serve and support you.
Current Trainings and Certifications:
- Certified Birth Doula through Childbirth International
- Certified Birth and Bereavement Doula through Stillbirthday
- Certified Lactation Counselor Certificate through ALPP
- Certified Infant Sleep Educator through Bebo Mia
- Better Baby Class Instructor
- Trained Postpartum Doula through ProDoula
- Trained in Spinning Babies
- Trained as a Hypnobabies Doula
What I am passionate about:
- Supporting VBAC births
- Supporting Rainbow births
- Helping familes thrive in the newborn period
- Staying connected even after contracted services are completed.
As a Certified Lactation Counselor I come into your home and help you and your baby get off on the right foot with breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is natural but it's not always easy.
As an Infant Sleep Educator I work very closely with families to make sure they learn their babies biolgical needs and ways to help the whole family get the sleep that they need to thrive.
I am a proud member of Doulas of Rhode Island
My role is to provide:
- Information so you can make your choices
- Listen to you and what you want
- To help you find what will work best for your family
A doula is a fabulous addition to any birth and postpartum team and can make the transition from pregnancy to parenthood a smooth one!
I don't have a birth or family raising philosophy- at least not one that I instill upon you. It's your birth and your family- what's your philosophy? Looking to go all natural or do you want drugs the second you walk into the hospital? Want to avoid all interventions or are you open to them? Home birth or a scheduled Cesarean? Attachment Parenting? Breastfeeding or formula feeding? Regardless- it's your birth, your baby and your family. I'll get you plenty of information so that you can make informed decisions. But when it comes down to it, they are your decisions to make.
My job is to support you in those decisions. Period.
Your birth. Your way. 100% supported.